velma.org

"I have need of the sky. I have business with the grasses. I will up and away at the break of day to where the hawk is wheeling lone and high and where the clouds drift by."   - Richard Hovey, 1894-1961

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Lambert's


This is Lambert's. It was actually Jim's idea to stop there. Jim is Sarah's dad, who was driving back to Memphis from a family reunion in mid-Missouri. So, instead of passing each other on the interstate, we decided to meet for dinner.

I'd heard about it for years, but had never been. It's famous in these parts for throwing food. Rolls, specifically. Every 15 minutes or so, a waiter comes out of the kitchen with a cart full of HOT rolls. If you want one, you have to put up your hands and they'll throw it to you, no matter where you are in the room. Waiters also come around offering various other southern dishes, including fried okra and black-eyed peas. The food was good, service was quick and everyone seemed in a good mood. I had country fried steak, so I was in a good mood too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home