velma.org

"I have need of the sky. I have business with the grasses. I will up and away at the break of day to where the hawk is wheeling lone and high and where the clouds drift by."   - Richard Hovey, 1894-1961

Saturday, July 02, 2005

Thank Heaven for Little Girls



These were the flower girls in the wedding I did the photos for today. This is one of my favorite pictures ever!

This is the fifth wedding where I've taken photos. This is only the second wedding where I was the only photographer. And this is the first wedding I've done with my digital camera. I'm happy to say it went quite well. My camera and I got along fine. (We've only been together six months, but we've made great efforts to get to know each other.)

It was Mark and Julie's wedding. Mark is one of Terri's brother. Julie is a sweetheart.

Terri has a huge (Catholic) family. The sheer number is a bit intimidating.
Having the camera makes it all easier to face. Because
1 - I can get in any one's face and it's ok; and
2 - I can hide in a corner and call it art.

All in all, I had a really good time and even got in some dancing at the reception, with the bonus of having filled my church quota for the year!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great picture! I think that is St. Francis de Sales church...am I right? If so, it is the scene of my unfortunate former marriage...

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home