velma.org

"I have need of the sky. I have business with the grasses. I will up and away at the break of day to where the hawk is wheeling lone and high and where the clouds drift by."   - Richard Hovey, 1894-1961

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Southern Fun Carnival



Every Independence Day, Jefferson City has a big festival downtown - arts, crafts, old cars, music, carnival rides, corn dogs and funnel cakes - culminating in a riverfront fireworks show. It's always hot. There's always LOTS of people.

While out walking yesterday (in the heat - crazy - I know) I found the carnival's pre-fest hiding place - three blocks from my house in a parking lot for the old prison. I went out this morning and took some photos. There's lots more, but I just thought the elephant butts were cute!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Velma! Love the Elephant butts! :) What a wonderful summer you are having. New hair cut is quite cute. I miss you!!

xoxo Kathleen

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home