velma.org

"I have need of the sky. I have business with the grasses. I will up and away at the break of day to where the hawk is wheeling lone and high and where the clouds drift by."   - Richard Hovey, 1894-1961

Saturday, July 09, 2005

Tennessee

So, I'm in Germantown, Tennessee. It's a suburb of Memphis and a decent sized town in its own right. It's an eight hour drive from Jefferson City.

Thursday, I drove two hours and stayed with Jim and Aveline who have a beautiful farm outside Potosi, MO. This is where Dad gets the mohair and some wool for his yarns. I took pictures, but I'll have to post them later.

Friday, I drove on and stopped at Elephant Rocks State Park and Johnson's Shut-Ins State Park - two very beautiful places. (Again, pictures later.) I got into Germantown about 5:00. I'm visiting my friend Sarah and her family.

Sarah and I have been friends since we were 7 years old. I was her Maid of Honor two years ago. She now has a 4 month old little boy. Wyatt is a darling!

I head to St. Louis on Monday, hopefully before Hurricane Dennis travels up I-55!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home