velma.org

"I have need of the sky. I have business with the grasses. I will up and away at the break of day to where the hawk is wheeling lone and high and where the clouds drift by."   - Richard Hovey, 1894-1961

Monday, July 04, 2005

News and Politics

are very dangerous.

Especially Fox News. Especially with Grandma and Grandpa. That's all I'm going to say bout that.

Except that iTunes has something cool for lazy people like me. They've collected webcasts and put them in one place in the music store and are calling them PodCasts. With podcasts, one can subscribe to shows that one likes from food to travel to public radio to politics (for free). And when you're subscribed, iTunes will download any new shows for your listening pleasure.

So, I've subscribed to On the Media and am looking for a few more.

Specifically, I would like recommendations for both right and left news and politics. I know some of you out there are regular junkies for this stuff (BMS, SMS, MJB, JCO). So give me your opinions! Please comment!

2 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

The Daily Show

Harry Shearer's Le Show

7:03 PM  
Blogger espd said...

Yeah, Brian, I love Harry Shearer too, but I'm afraid that I gave "Le Show" a try for several months and it was just too slow.

Witty? Yes. Sublime? Definitely. But a good talk show host? Not so much. Well, good maybe, but not great.

Another favorite of mine is "The World," an NPR/BBC co-presentation.

You want to keep up with what "most people" think? (At least in California, but even then, I'm not talking your ultra-liberals by any stretch of the imagination.) Try KGO AM radio.

Bernie Ward's their token lefty, and Gene Burns in a very astute libertarian, but ultimately a quite fair host.

Michael Krasny used to be on KGO about 20 years ago. Thank bog he's got "Forum" on KQED now. Thank bog we've got "Forum;" I've learned more from that program than I ever did in collej.

"All Things Considered" is also a great NPR show. Varied, always interesting.

Not sure which, if any of these, has podcasts available.

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home