velma.org

"I have need of the sky. I have business with the grasses. I will up and away at the break of day to where the hawk is wheeling lone and high and where the clouds drift by."   - Richard Hovey, 1894-1961

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Missouri State Parks


This is Johnson's Shut-Ins. It's the Perfect Summer Park. Gravel river bed, clear, cold water, ample shade and sunning rocks make this one of my favorite spots. Unfortunately, I'd forgotten my swimsuit, so I could only get wet up to my knees.



This is the view from the top of Elephant Rocks. Due to the magic of geology, there are huge granite boulders on top of a hill.

Both of the areas are a mere hour southeast of St. Louis and deserve way more time than I could devote to them on my drive down to Memphis.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on!
» »

12:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home