velma.org

"I have need of the sky. I have business with the grasses. I will up and away at the break of day to where the hawk is wheeling lone and high and where the clouds drift by."   - Richard Hovey, 1894-1961

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Jackson Hole


After leaving Rock Bottom, I headed up to the Grand Tetons via Jackson Hole. I'd heard a lot about how cool Jackson was, but was sorely disappointed to find the amusement park version of a wild west town. They had a Gap, Eddie Bauer and a Haagan Daas on the town square.

There are two factors that somewhat redeem Jackson from the depths of a touristy hell.

1 - The drive to get there is beautiful.


2 - They have three Thai food restaurants.

Notice the sign - "We do not except credit cards."

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

Is that a bundle of antlers in the first picture?

9:09 AM  
Blogger velma said...

Yes. It's an Elk Antler archway. There's one on each corner of the square.

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home