velma.org

"I have need of the sky. I have business with the grasses. I will up and away at the break of day to where the hawk is wheeling lone and high and where the clouds drift by."   - Richard Hovey, 1894-1961

Friday, September 09, 2005

The Maak Resort



I'm currently staying with Carley's parents. They are the sweetest things! They have a grand house in the mountains (at about 7,000 feet) around Park City, Utah. Park City is about 20 miles east of Salt Lake City. It was the location of the last Winter Olympics because it has some of the best skiing there is. Yesterday, we walked out of the house and up the mountain. The picture above was taken at the top of the trail. I feel so lucky to be here when the trees are starting to turn. I haven't had a fall since I've moved to California. AND!!!! there's been a thunderstorm, with real thunder, lightning and downpours. Bliss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home