velma.org

"I have need of the sky. I have business with the grasses. I will up and away at the break of day to where the hawk is wheeling lone and high and where the clouds drift by."   - Richard Hovey, 1894-1961

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Rock Springs

...or is it Bitter Creek or Sweet Water? All three phrases are used in this town. My guess is that it's really Bitter Creek and that Sweet Water is a marketing ploy.

I walked around downtown today - all eight blocks of it. People are friendly here, well, at least the older people. I exchanged greetings with a man with shocked white hair. As I took a picture of a sign, as I have been doing much of the last several weeks, he asked, "First time to Rock Springs?"




"Yes. And probably my last."

"That's a good idea," he replied as he returned to work at the State Farm Insurance office.

I will be posting more pictures of beautiful Rock Springs on my photoblog. They'll begin appearing later next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home