velma.org

"I have need of the sky. I have business with the grasses. I will up and away at the break of day to where the hawk is wheeling lone and high and where the clouds drift by."   - Richard Hovey, 1894-1961

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Canning with April

This summer I had a plethora of fruit - pears, apples and blackberries. The pears were from a co-worker's tree. The apple's were from a neighbor's tree. The blackberries were from a massive thicket behind another neighbor's house. The quandry of what to do with all of this was solved when April agreed to help me in the experiment of canning. Here are the results.

This is April stirring the blackberry jam. We made it without pectin.

Mark says this is the best blackberry jam evah!

Obviously, the jam didn't need the pectin. It set up very solid. This is some of it in an up-side-down glass!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home