velma.org

"I have need of the sky. I have business with the grasses. I will up and away at the break of day to where the hawk is wheeling lone and high and where the clouds drift by."   - Richard Hovey, 1894-1961

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

I am Grateful

I love Thanksgiving. In fact, it's my second favorite holiday (first is halloween, third is passover). I love that it's focus is on remembering and celebrating the things that make our life rich. A huge part of my life is my loved ones - friends and family. For Thanksgiving this year, we had 12 people at dinner. In a city flat this is no small feat. But you can see here that all are situated comfortably.


The other thing I love about Thanksgiving is the food. Here's our perfect turkey! It was seriously one of the best turkeys I've ever eaten, if I do say so myself. Thank you, Alton Brown, for the brining inspiration.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger dinerosdeb said...

thanks for the cranberry bread recipe.. I owned the book (purchased in 1973) and loved the recipe... lost it when I lent the book out....never to be returned...
plannign t-giving menu, decided to google the bread recipe... voila... found it on your interesting site!

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home