velma.org

"I have need of the sky. I have business with the grasses. I will up and away at the break of day to where the hawk is wheeling lone and high and where the clouds drift by."   - Richard Hovey, 1894-1961

Sunday, November 18, 2007

For D. Matson

Thanksgiving Cranberry Bread
From Recipes for a Small Planet

a 5" x 12" loaf of 12 slices

1 slice=approx. 5 grams of usable protein
11% to 13% of average daily protein need

1/4 cup butter
2/3 to 1 cup honey
2 eggs
1 cup orange juice
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/4 cup milk powder (1/3 cup instant)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup chopped nuts
2 cups of fresh whole cranberries

(1) Cream the butter and honey; beat in the eggs and orange juice.
(2) In a seperate bowl stir together all of the dry ingredients (not the cranberries); add them gradually to the liquid mixture. Fold in the cranberries.
(3)Turn the batter into an oiled and floured loaf pan. Back at 325 degrees F for 1 to 1.25 hours.


I've never actually made this recipe. It sounds good though. D. Matson saw my recipe post for Kitchen Sink cookies and requested this recipe. I'll try it soon.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home