velma.org

"I have need of the sky. I have business with the grasses. I will up and away at the break of day to where the hawk is wheeling lone and high and where the clouds drift by."   - Richard Hovey, 1894-1961

Monday, September 24, 2007

The Broom and Mop Brigade

Who do you call at 4 in the morning to ask how to get a baby opossum out from under the dishwasher?

Anybody up?

*update* 8:30am

What we tried last night...
I thought about calling Ghostbusters, but it still looked very much alive, just scared. I locked Orson in the living room. His duty was fulfilled by letting Mark know something was under there. We tried getting him out with the broom handle, but he just went into the corner cubby. He didn't seem to be hungry for canned cat food. Eventually I convinced Mark to block off the way to the rest of the house, so that he could only get to the back door (immediately opposite the dishwasher), turn off the lights, leave the back door cracked and go to bed for another REM cycle.

I got up this morning. I don't see him under there. I let Orson out, and he doesn't seem to think he's under there.

We think the opossum snuck in when Orson was outside.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This sounds like something from a movie, like a slap stick comedy. Who'd have thought you'd have possum problems in SF?

11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Silly San Franciscans. Oppossums stay OUTSIDE, cats stay INSIDE. (-;

Kathy

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home