velma.org

"I have need of the sky. I have business with the grasses. I will up and away at the break of day to where the hawk is wheeling lone and high and where the clouds drift by."   - Richard Hovey, 1894-1961

Monday, June 18, 2007

Inversions

I did a handstand in yoga today! The teacher spotted me. And I stayed up for about three full breathes. This is huge progress. I've been taking at least one hour-long yoga class a week at the gym for six (!) months now. This last weekend I went to a yoga retreat at a gorgeous retreat center in the back wilds of Sonoma County. My understanding of what my body can do is completely turning on its head. Back bends! I can do back bends now!

1 Comments:

Blogger mamakohl said...

Oh congratulations, V!! It really does turn your whole world upside down when you do those things, eh?

Bend, baby, bend!

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home