velma.org

"I have need of the sky. I have business with the grasses. I will up and away at the break of day to where the hawk is wheeling lone and high and where the clouds drift by."   - Richard Hovey, 1894-1961

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Cookies with April

April and I have been friends a long time, just about half of our lives. In highschool, one of our choice entertainments was making a mess in the kitchen. Since April has moved out to Berkeley to do her post-doc, we've had several occassions to continue the tradition.

To celebrate the holiday season, we decided it would be fun to make all of our favorite sugar treats. These included: two kinds of sugar cookies, butterscotch haystacks, mint rocky road fudge, peanut butter krunchies, and marshmellows. We spent about 4.5 hours in the kitchen. I lost track of the pounds of sugar used.

Here are the sugar cookies that April made. I loved them! They were so much fun to decorate.


I forgot to list the rice krispie treats! We made them with puffed brown rice. I love them. Mark did not. Here are the butterscotch haystacks too. Sooooo good! I learned the recipe from Grandma, and shared it with April in highschool, which is great, since in the meantime both Grandma and I had forgotten it!


Here we are! What a team!


This is the result - A buffet of sugary delights!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home