velma.org

"I have need of the sky. I have business with the grasses. I will up and away at the break of day to where the hawk is wheeling lone and high and where the clouds drift by."   - Richard Hovey, 1894-1961

Sunday, September 10, 2006

With a spoon

Thank you, Universe. Thank you, Cuisinart. Thank you, Marlene, for the Cuisinart.

I have been questing for years for authentic thai peanut sauce - because this sauce is up there with chocolate as a nectar of the goddesses. I've tried many recipes - all of them with peanut butter - all of them unsatisfying.

So, I decided that, as a proud new owner of a Cuisinart Food Processor, I might venture out into the world of recipes that say something like "process into a fine meal."

And I am soooo glad I tried...

I made peanut sauce. Peanut sauce worthy of spinach prahram, of chicken satay, of eating with a spoon. When Sarah asked me what I was eating it with (I was talking with her on the phone during this culinary adventure), I answered, "a spoon." Honestly. Knowing what's in peanut sauce, I know that's not a good habit to foster. But, for glory's sake, the peace and joy and satisfaction garnered from this is.....

Well, check it out for yourself. Don't worry about the quantities, but be careful of burning your tounge. Don't forget to try it with a little chocolate. May I recommend Sharfenberger milk?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What does it mean by the ingredient 'fish sauce'?
Is that the same as tartar sauce or is this something most Californians find on the grocery shelf?

-Terri

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home