velma.org

"I have need of the sky. I have business with the grasses. I will up and away at the break of day to where the hawk is wheeling lone and high and where the clouds drift by."   - Richard Hovey, 1894-1961

Saturday, July 29, 2006

The Conscious Bride

Please read this book - if you are engaged in planning any fashion of ceremony to celebrate the union of two individuals in love - otherwise known as a bride planning a wedding.

I've only one chapter, and - oh my zumla! - much of the last six months is beginning to make sense...

I've recently observed, experienced and am coming to accept that there is an "underbelly" to all the wedding glitz. I thought that I could avoid it by planning an alternative ceremony and party. And I am avoiding a lot of the stress, but I'm not avoiding the confusion from emotions I've not experienced and for which I have no context.

So, I'm excited to have found, at the recommendation of L (Thank you!), this book - The Conscious Bride: Women Unveil Their True Feelings about Getting Hitched.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't read this book, but having just gone through the process myself there are a lot of emotional aspects of a wedding that have nothing to do with the ceremony. Who can come and who can't come, all the little details end up meaning more than you think they should. It was hard for me being a rational person when a lot of people involved did not behave rationally. But awareness helps, it's your event, it means what you want it to mean.

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home