velma.org

"I have need of the sky. I have business with the grasses. I will up and away at the break of day to where the hawk is wheeling lone and high and where the clouds drift by."   - Richard Hovey, 1894-1961

Thursday, September 07, 2006

past work

In the mail tonight was an invitation to Nature's Inspirations. I opened it and got all warm and fuzzy. As a staff member of Committee for Green Foothills, I managed the creation and execution of this event three years ago. I learned about art, exhibitions (not exhibitioning!), art juries, gallery lighting, hanging art. I worked with an amazing group of volunteers. I had fun. The mailing party dreams were worth it.

So, I'm proud that the structure and systems I put together still works. I'm proud that I helped create a fundraising event that makes money. I'm proud that in my small way, I've helped keep the foothills green.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

You were great here, Velma! We're very proud of your work.

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home