velma.org

"I have need of the sky. I have business with the grasses. I will up and away at the break of day to where the hawk is wheeling lone and high and where the clouds drift by."   - Richard Hovey, 1894-1961

Monday, February 13, 2006

Velma's Adventures: Summary

To sum up...

May 2005 - leave Committee for Green Foothills, move in with Mark in San Francisco, go to Missouri for two months, from MO go to Georgia for one week with Jess and her Grandma to see Jolene.

June 2005 - Prep for Ozark Handspun's first TNNA trade show in Ohio. Celebrate birthday at the tradeshow. Ozark Handspun doubles in customers to 35 shops. Help out with yarn order fulfillment. Mark's first visit to Missouri. Spend much good time with Sarah. Visit (a different) Sarah and family in Memphis.

July 2005 - Back to SF. Mild culture shock. Tree withdrawal. Settle in at Mark's.

August 2005 - Go to Burning Man with Mark and Scott.

September 2005 - Drive on my own (from Burning Man) to Park City, UT to stay with Carley's parents and decompress. Visit Andi, Jake, Josie and Rambler in Rock Springs, WY. Camp several days in the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone.

October 2005 - Scott's going away party. Quiet month in SF. Leave for Pacific Northwest.

November 2005 - Spend one week in Portland. Be a global freeloader in Washington and Vancouver, CA. Visit friends in Seattle. Meet Mark in Portland. Drive down the coast.

December 2005 - Make five quilts. Throw martini party with Nanette in Mountain View. We get a cat. Go to Missouri for one month. Mark's second visit to MO. Spend a lot of time with the grandparents.

January 2006 - Back to SF. Help Ozark Handspun with second TNNA show in San Diego. Ozark Handspun doubles in customers to 110 shops. Drive up the coast with Dad and Terri.

February 2006 - Begin looking for employment.


Of course, that's just what I've done. It doesn't really address everything I've felt and learned.

Major thoughts:
Missouri's ok. I could live there, either in St. Louis or Columbia.
A nonverbal agreement to disagree is better than a verbal disagreement to disagree.
I love Portland!
I can drive long distances on my own, but I prefer not to go longer than 6 hours.
On long trips, the ipod is indispensible.
I get better cell reception everywhere else, compared to where we live.
I like traveling alone, but traveling with Mark is more fun.
I like San Francisco, and I'm adjusting to the Mission.
Mark and I live together well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home