velma.org

"I have need of the sky. I have business with the grasses. I will up and away at the break of day to where the hawk is wheeling lone and high and where the clouds drift by."   - Richard Hovey, 1894-1961

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

New Rule

I am not allowed to use my computer after 10pm.

Last night, I typed for half an hour, pushed a wrong button and deleted my post. I then typed a three sentence cliff notes version of the post and accidentally closed my browser! Frustration!!



The post was about Winnemucca. I'm not going to recreate the full version again, so you'll have to be happy with a photo and this synopsis:

1- I stayed at the really old Winnemucca Restaurant and Hotel (built in 1863) after driving 10 hours from Yellowstone.
2- I ate family style Basque food and drank a lot of wine. It was yummy.
3- I slept really well and had The Best Donut Ever the next morning at the bakery down the street.

Conclusion: I like Winnemucca.

After leaving Winnemucca, I drove to Sierra Hot Springs, which is 30 minutes north of Truckee, near Lake Tahoe. It's in an absolutely beautiful forested valley in the Sierra Mountains. Soaking in the pools here was a perfect way to end my trip.

I arrived home the next day. It's been VERY nice to be here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home