velma.org

"I have need of the sky. I have business with the grasses. I will up and away at the break of day to where the hawk is wheeling lone and high and where the clouds drift by."   - Richard Hovey, 1894-1961

Friday, June 03, 2005

Thelma, Louise and Miss Daisy Make it Home

This is Lois, Jess, and I outside the house just before we left. Even though it was suburbia, I still had a good time. In fact, that we were in BFE made filling my annual cheesy movie quota a little less grevious! (We only averaged about 1.5 movies a day, including Hitch, Ice Princess, Bride and Prejudice, The Life Aquatic, Jem and the Holograms*, Sideways**, and Dodgeball. ;-)

That said, I feel rested and refreshed. We basically spent the entire week (with the exception of our jaunt into the city) "vegging out," doing nothing more than talking, walking, reading, cooking, eating, movie-watching, and sleeping. Exactly like the week after exams during college, but without as much junk food.

We made it to Missouri safely this afternoon. The drive was long (about 11 hours total over two days), but I learned a lot about my camera, having taken about 80 pictures of the back seat! Exciting, no? Yes, the cowgirl hat is mine. It goes great with my new haircut!


*Remember them? Totally outrageous!

**We watched this when Grandma Lois and Pat were out of the house shopping. While enjoying a bottle of wine, Jolene, Jess and I savored our See's Candies ritual, where we each take a small bite of a chocolate and pass it around for the others to try. (Don't knock it 'til you've tried it.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home