velma.org

"I have need of the sky. I have business with the grasses. I will up and away at the break of day to where the hawk is wheeling lone and high and where the clouds drift by."   - Richard Hovey, 1894-1961

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Eyes


This is part of a mural on the side of a pizza place on Mission near 14th.

Today, I walked down to the SFMOMA (free entry on the first Tuesday of the month) to meet Mark. On my way back, I stopped in a Miss Marty's hair school to get some hairs cut. I was matched with Swirtha. She's from Bangalor, India and has been in the US 6 years with her husband from an arranged marriage. She has a master's in communication, a four year old son, and likes to play with hair. She did a good job. And it was only $8. For that price I won't complain, and I'll even go back. She has another six months before she's done and it'll be fun to let her learn on my hair.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home