velma.org

"I have need of the sky. I have business with the grasses. I will up and away at the break of day to where the hawk is wheeling lone and high and where the clouds drift by."   - Richard Hovey, 1894-1961

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Disclaimer

For the next little bit, I'm going to be processing (and posting) my thoughts and feelings from the Tikkun Spiritual Activism conference I attended last week. I didn't really want to go to the conference. But I was drawn there by the possibility that I might learn to better talk about my politics in terms of values (think Lakoff), which, I have to admit, some religious and spiritual types do better at than us secular progressives.

I was also drawn to the conference because I'm at a place in my inner journey where I could grow from being around others on a similar journey. Religion and spiritual stuff, especially in groups, has long gotten great resistance from me. It's easier for me to talk about sex and vaginas, than it is to talk about a higher power (see? i can't even say god!) and spirit. (This is because I've done A LOT more work around sex, my body and femininity.)

Many of you have expressed curiosity about the conference. Many more of you also recognize the need to talk about politics in terms of our highest values. That's where this is, hopefully, going.

So, in the mean time, bear with me as this gets pieced together. AND!!! let me know your thoughts, feelings and experiences with this stuff. At the bottom of each post is "comment," which when clicked will take you to a place to leave some words to share.

THANK YOU!!!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home