velma.org

"I have need of the sky. I have business with the grasses. I will up and away at the break of day to where the hawk is wheeling lone and high and where the clouds drift by."   - Richard Hovey, 1894-1961

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Tiramisu


Yesterday, I walked down Valencia to the local library branch to get my library card. On the way back, I stopped in Lucca's, which is a great little market for anything Italian. Had I realized this earlier, I would have made tiramisu ages ago! I'd been waiting for over a year to find the right lady finger cookies, which they had right in the front door! I picked up some marscopone and headed home for a taste adventure.

This recipe was given to me by Massimilliano, a Roman surgeon who stayed with us for a month in Portola Valley.

As he wrote it:
Serves Six.
200 gr sugar
500 gr Mascorpone cheese
Six eggs
Coffee
Two box of savoiardi biscuits.

Sepere the yolk with sugar
Shake the six yolk with sugar (little marsala)
Beat whites. when the white is like snow,* stop.
Mix yolk with marscarpone and then with snow.
Take savoiardi and dunk the cookie in coffee for 1 second. double face.
Big pan.
1- floor cookie.
2- cream
3- floor cookie
4- floor cream
little cocao,
chill for two hours in the refridegerator.
enjoy.


*"Snow" is stiff peaks.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger The Frays said...

Yummy tiramisu! I just ordered some tonight from Giordano's -- known for pizza (which I also ordered), not tiramisu, but still good. And they delivered it straight to my door! How did your adventure in making your own come out? I wish I could try a bite...
-andi

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home