velma.org

"I have need of the sky. I have business with the grasses. I will up and away at the break of day to where the hawk is wheeling lone and high and where the clouds drift by."   - Richard Hovey, 1894-1961

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Movin' on up!

I'm moved to San Francisco! It went very smoothly, especially for me not thinking about it more than two days in advance. This kind of procrastination (ala Brian) is, for me, very unusual. Maybe, just maybe, this means that I don't need to plan things as much as I have a tendency to do... Nah.

Well - Thank you to everyone who helped!
Scott for helping load Justin's truck twice and adopting the chair and coffee table.
Justin for letting my borrow his truck (which I never would have been allowed to do in high school!)
Nanette for tolerating my mess while I crashed at her place for the last six weeks and for adopting my dining table and chairs.
Shannon for adopting one of my other chairs and groceries.
Nadine, Sara and Rafi for babysitting my car for the next two months.
Jana and Chris for babysitting my bookshelf and dresser til I get a place in SF in September.
And Mark for storing the rest of my stuff and being so supportive during all of these major changes in my life.

I'm ripping the last of my CDs I'm going to rip before I go to the airport in 10 minutes. It's The Beatles, Past Masters, Volume One - which I'm pretty sure means the entire Beatles collection is on my computer! Sweet!

Cheerio!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

See? The power of procrastination!! Join our club some time, when you get around to it.

4:36 PM  
Blogger The Frays said...

Velma procrastinated and didn't plan something as big as a move down to the teeniest detail? Maybe this unemployment thing is even better for you than I originally thought!

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home