velma.org

"I have need of the sky. I have business with the grasses. I will up and away at the break of day to where the hawk is wheeling lone and high and where the clouds drift by."   - Richard Hovey, 1894-1961

Friday, March 25, 2005

What is Life?

Is life...
playing with children?
sleeping with your lover?
enjoying a decadent dessert?
laughing with old friends?
appreciating a sunset?

Is life...
slaving away at a job?
keeping up with the Joneses?
surfing the net?
watching TV?
being in a vegatative state?

What is your life like?
What do you want your life to be like?
Would you be sustained by a feeding tube for the rest of your life, with no brain function?
Or would you die?

The Schiavo Case

Anyway: I'm not blessed or merciful. I'm just me. I've got a job to do and I do it. Listen: even as we're talking, I'm there for old and young, innocent and guilty, those who die together and those who die alone. I'm in cars and boats and planes, in hospitals and forests and abattoirs. For some folks death is a release and for others death is an abomination, a terrible thing. But in the end, I'm there for all of them.
-Death (By Neil Gaiman, The Sandman #20, Facade)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home