velma.org

"I have need of the sky. I have business with the grasses. I will up and away at the break of day to where the hawk is wheeling lone and high and where the clouds drift by."   - Richard Hovey, 1894-1961

Friday, May 13, 2005

Happy Friday the 13th!

Friday the 13th is one of my favorite dates. (Much preferrable to Monday the 13th, which is almost always difficult.) And today has been an exceptionally good Friday the 13th.

Today is the first day of my new unemployed state. I'm not sure I fully realize yet what this means, but so far I'm excited. I spent the past four years working for Committee for Green Foothills. It is an exceptional organization, made exceptional by exceptional people. I am lucky and grateful to have contributed. I will definitely miss the people that I've worked closely with over the last several years, but I am comforted by knowing that they will always be a part of my life and a part of who I've become. They have all contributed to the vast amounts of growth and learning during my tenure at CGF. I came to CGF fresh out of college and am leaving with the confidence of a woman who knows her strengths.

I began and finished packing today too! In four days, I fly to Missouri for two months. I've packed all of my colorful skirts and tank tops in preparation for gloriously hot, humid Missouri summer weather. I've packed everything up from Nanette's to deposit at Mark's, and thankfully there's not too much stuff.

Then, I went shopping and bought TWO new pairs of shoes - some New Balance and a cute pair of black Dansko sandles. This is big news for me. Such successful shopping moods only happen about every three years.

And lastly, but not leastly, I've eaten only favorite foods today, including: fruit/yogurt/granola parfait, a mocha from Sam's, leftover thai food, miso soup, a big salad, beer and chocolate cake with white icing.

I'll top it all off with a soak in the hot tub.

Life is good.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home