velma.org

"I have need of the sky. I have business with the grasses. I will up and away at the break of day to where the hawk is wheeling lone and high and where the clouds drift by."   - Richard Hovey, 1894-1961

Sunday, May 01, 2005

Lennon

Last night, Mark had a great surprise for me. He took me to see "Lennon," the new musical about the life of Jolene's favorite Beatle. It was Awesome, told through the words and music of John, himself.

Who played Lennon? I bet you're asking. "I am he, as you are he, as you are me, and we are all together." So, nine men and women - of various ages and ethnicities - played Lennon.

Marcy Harriell, a short African American women with wild curls and a booming voice, sang "Women is the Nigger of the World." That was one of the times (out of probably half a dozen) that I teared up. Every time she sang, I had goosebumps.

The whole show was beautiful.

Thank you, Mark.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Frays said...

That sounds really interesting! I'm guessing I won't find that here in Rock Springs. Thanks for posting again -- I've missed you!

3:01 PM  
Blogger espd said...

You're welcome, Cutegrrl.

For anyone interested, the musical's website is here.

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home