velma.org

"I have need of the sky. I have business with the grasses. I will up and away at the break of day to where the hawk is wheeling lone and high and where the clouds drift by."   - Richard Hovey, 1894-1961

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Here's "The Plan"

After four years of being rooted on the Peninsula, I've decided it's
time to shake things up a bit.

1. Welcome to the 90s! - Get rid of land line and get a cell phone

2. Move out of Menlo Park apartment April 9th and crash at Nanette's for
a month

3. Quit my job at Committee for Green Foothills. My last day is May 13.
-- If you know anyone who's looking for a great non-proft job, have
them check out http://www.greenfoothills.org/about/jobs.html

4. Party in SF. Details TBD.

5. Take a break. Go to Missouri for June and July. Visit friends and
family. Help Dad build up his inventory of yarns for OzarkHandspun.com.
Re-evaluate what I want to do when I grow up.

6. Come back to the Bay Area in late July, continue break and visiting
with friends. Take a road trip to Wyoming in early August.

7. Go to Burning Man.

8. Move officially to SF. Begin looking for work.

Whew. I think that's it.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger The Frays said...

Your plan is awesome -- especially the part about visiting Wyoming in August, but that's just me being selfish. Seriously, I'm so excited for you!

8:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That is great Velma. The best part is we get ya back in the summer. It will be nice to have ya in SF!!! We will have to catch up and have some Goddess Gatherings in the city.

Cheers,

Abby

4:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, this sounds like a great plan, Velma! I think you will love being in the city. As someone who loves both the urban life and the outdoors, I found I could have the best of both worlds when I lived in SF. Looking forward to you be a BART ride away in the near future. Yay!
Jen E.

10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So proud of you for going after what you want. Savor this time.

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home