velma.org

"I have need of the sky. I have business with the grasses. I will up and away at the break of day to where the hawk is wheeling lone and high and where the clouds drift by."   - Richard Hovey, 1894-1961

Friday, June 13, 2008

It's my birthday!

I don't normally acknowledge my birthday to myself or anyone else, but it is a big deal. It is the anniversary of the day that I started breathing oxygen. It marks that I survived and flourished through another year. And this year, it's my 30th anniversary, which I'm really excited about. The 20s were great and all, well, actually... they weren't always so great, but they got me here and I like here - a lot. I'm healthier and happier than I've ever been. I love my life.

To celebrate, last night I copied a friend (thank you, L!) and collected the cards and gifts I've received and put them on the table with my birthday flowers (thank you, Gilby and S!) so that I could enjoy them first thing this morning. I'm currently taking a break from the scavenger hunt that Mark has designed for me to find my present b/c I can't seem to find the next clue. (Quiet, you hecklers! ;-) I'll make myself a yummy fried ham and eggs and potatoes breakfast soon, work in the garden a little, cut out my next applique project and then wake Mark up so we can go on our redwood hike at Butano (thank you, SRL!). We'll eat dinner out on the coast and spend some time at the beach (thank you, Frays!) with a few good friends.

Life is good.

Oh, and isn't it cool that I turn 30 on Friday, the 13th, one of my favorite dates ever?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 30th lady! Hope you have a great time (or at least better than my 30th, which involved looking after my sickie hubby)!

5:21 PM  
Blogger espd said...

BTW, Velma eventually got a clue.

7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! The thirties are awesome.

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home