velma.org

"I have need of the sky. I have business with the grasses. I will up and away at the break of day to where the hawk is wheeling lone and high and where the clouds drift by."   - Richard Hovey, 1894-1961

Sunday, April 06, 2008

The Garden Experiment

I'm attempting to start seedlings. So far, more have died than appear viable. If it doesn't work, I figure it's a worthy experiment. As insurance, I'm stocking my garden with seedlings from the half off area of the garden store. So far, I've picked up spinach, several kinds of lettace, broccoli, parsley, cilantro, and cauliflower. I've put two tomato plants in, but I paid full price for those. I figured the 69 cents might be worth it later.

The chard is doing quite well. I put it in late last fall.



Isn't it pretty? There are about a dozen blooming.




To the right of the ladder are some of my fava beans. It's an eight foot tall ladder. The beans are having a good time. Orson has a little nest in the middle of them.





Oh, and I planted some more strawberries!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home