velma.org

"I have need of the sky. I have business with the grasses. I will up and away at the break of day to where the hawk is wheeling lone and high and where the clouds drift by."   - Richard Hovey, 1894-1961

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Magdelana ~ Rest in Peace

Last night, a little before two am, my little 1997 honda civic coupe, innocently parked on the street in front of our apartment, was brutally totalled, by a chevy tahoe.
Photo courtesy of our neighbor Renita


We live on a one-way street where the speed limit is 25mph.

The dry spot is where my car WAS parked.

No back end! She had to be towed away last night. She bravely limped to the middle of the street to a spot where the tow truck could get to her.

She had a very full existance.
Here's me in 2002 putting a band-aid on a cosmetic bump on her bumper.

I have many fond memories with her. She helped me get to everywhere I've been in California for the last eight years. We've been to Canada and back, to Wyoming and back, up and down the entire California coast, and to burning man three times together. She was very reliable and patient. Here she is on the coastal dirt road, whose name I can never remember, through Redwood National Park.

I'm glad she had one last trip to Tahoe last weekend, even if Mark did break his collorbone on a mountain.

I'm also glad I didn't fill her up with gas yesterday.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was the person who hit your car intoxicated or something? It's a narrow road to be sure, but for crying out loud, that's a lot of damage to do if you're driving in a neighborhood.

11:07 AM  
Blogger mamakohl said...

yeouch!!! Poor Mag.

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This happened to us a couple of years ago!
Chad's car was completely smashed by some drunk at 4am right outside our house. The driver continued on down the road, making a horrible noise in his tattered car - and hit a house!
He got away too - believe it or not!

Sorry this happened - what a bummer

DeeDee

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home