velma.org

"I have need of the sky. I have business with the grasses. I will up and away at the break of day to where the hawk is wheeling lone and high and where the clouds drift by."   - Richard Hovey, 1894-1961

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Oh Christmas Tree



This morning Dad and I picked up some fried chicken and headed out to the farm. Grandpa and I had a date to go find the Christmas tree. After fueling the chain saw and ensuring that it still worked, we set out in the new pickup over to Sandy Hook Farms to find our cedar. I liked the one on the edge of the ledge in the photo. Except for the mud being a little slick because of the light thaw, it was easy enough to get to. Grandpa cut it and I hoisted it to the truck.

In the last post's photo, you can see Dad and Grandpa in the background (behind the bob cat) fixing the tree for the stand. The tree is destined for the back porch because it makes too much of a mess in the house and Grandma doesn't want to clean after it. To trim it, we just put on lights and screwed the stand to the porch, so that it wouldn't blow over in the wind.

Meanwhile inside, Grandma decided to put a few ornaments on the potted tree in the living room. It's a little thing, so most of the ornaments (which are older than I am!) won't make it out of the box.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home