velma.org

"I have need of the sky. I have business with the grasses. I will up and away at the break of day to where the hawk is wheeling lone and high and where the clouds drift by."   - Richard Hovey, 1894-1961

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig



I've been home three days. San Francisco is experiencing an Indian Summer. The weather has been beautiful - sunny, mid-70s (which means mid-80s in the loft). Despite that, I've spent most of the last three days sitting at my sewing machine.

The road trip was punctuated by all kinds of creatives - fabric stores, scrap stores, artisan shops, designers, yarn shops, art students, painters, quilters, photographers. And I bought a beautiful art quilt book that I spent hours pouring over. So, I had to go on a creation binge. The first afternoon home I made nine recycled sweater scarves. The next day I started a pink, orange, peach and green silk quilt top from over eight hundred 2.5 inch squares. It's really quite lovely, though it did make a mess. Silk fabric sheds more that wool yarn by at least infinity! I finished the top last night before making dinner.

I have at least six more quilts in my head ready to be put together. Thankfully, for Mark, no more of them are silk!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice scarves -- the incorporation of argyles and stripes works very well!
Jen E.

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home