velma.org

"I have need of the sky. I have business with the grasses. I will up and away at the break of day to where the hawk is wheeling lone and high and where the clouds drift by."   - Richard Hovey, 1894-1961

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Under the Bridge



I spent half an hour today looking for Troll Avenue. Well, actually, I didn't know there was a Troll Avenue, I just knew there was a troll under the Freemont Bridge in Seattle. Neither the troll or the avenue are on any maps, probably because it is DIRECTLY under the bridge.



Yes, that VW bug is real.

3 Comments:

Blogger mamakohl said...

That's amazing, Velma. What a great photograph. Thanks for posting it!

6:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, I like the Fremont Troll! It is a stop anytime I go to Seattle.
I love the fact that Seattle has so much public art. Did you also see that Lenin statue nearby in Fremont? Fremont has changed quite a bit over the past several years. Used to be much more of a hipster neighborhood, now more yuppie. Still an interesting area.
Jen E.

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Velma- I love all these pics from your trip, they bring back so many memories. You're covering all our old stomping grounds from when we lived in Seattle. We used to bring everyone who visited us to the troll. And the ferry to the islands! And even Buchart Gardens - very fun!

Jana

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home