velma.org

"I have need of the sky. I have business with the grasses. I will up and away at the break of day to where the hawk is wheeling lone and high and where the clouds drift by."   - Richard Hovey, 1894-1961

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Salmon Spawning


Two days ago, I went to Goldstream Provencial Park on Vancouver Island because it's right in the middle of salmon spawning. I spent over an hour watching the beautiful, big fish swim upstream. There may be more than one fish in the picture, but the spotted one is the only one I see. It happened several times that the fish would all move at once and I would suddenly see five or six more than I just had. It truely was amazing. I took some short videos with my little camera. If I knew how to post them I would, because it gives you a better sense of the fish. But, as it is, I'll just have to save those for Grandpa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home