velma.org

"I have need of the sky. I have business with the grasses. I will up and away at the break of day to where the hawk is wheeling lone and high and where the clouds drift by."   - Richard Hovey, 1894-1961

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Don't worry about a thing...

At noon today, wafting in through my 12th story window were the lyrics from this lovely Bob Marley song, played by a band in one of the open spaces next door to our building.

The timing couldn't have been better.

Every year in September I plan the Annual Meeting of the Councillors at Save the Redwoods League. It's a two day retreat, complete with a business meeting, fancy seated dinner, workshop, picnic and hikes...for about a 100 people...four hours away.

Today was my last day in the office before leaving for the event. Anyone who knows event planning, or me before an event, you know that the last day in the office is usually full of stress. This year, though, I'm actually not that stressed. Wierd. Makes me a little nervous. I felt better after about 2:45 today when the last minute ball of chaos (there's always one) was lobbed into my court. Things were just too easy. So, I fielded that ball and was still able to leave work at 6:30 (I got there at 8:20). Still a long day. I'll still dream about the event all night. But, I'm not a little tornado of bitchy anxiety. I've even had time to eat and make food for the next couple of days (and write this post!). Maybe I'm getting better at this.

Still having the musical reminder helped. I've been singin' "Everything's gonna be alright..." all day.


"Don't worry about a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right.
Singin': "Don't worry about a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right!"

Rise up this mornin',
Smiled with the risin' sun,
Three little birds
Pitch by my doorstep
Singin' sweet songs
Of melodies pure and true,
Sayin', ("This is my message to you-ou-ou:")

Singin': "Don't worry 'bout a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right."
Singin': "Don't worry (don't worry) 'bout a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right!"

Rise up this mornin',
Smiled with the risin' sun,
Three little birds
Pitch by my doorstep
Singin' sweet songs
Of melodies pure and true,
Sayin', "This is my message to you-ou-ou:"

Singin': "Don't worry about a thing, worry about a thing, oh!
Every little thing gonna be all right. Don't worry!"
Singin': "Don't worry about a thing" - I won't worry!
"'Cause every little thing gonna be all right."

Singin': "Don't worry about a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right" - I won't worry!
Singin': "Don't worry about a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right."
Singin': "Don't worry about a thing, oh no!
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right! /fadeout/

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home