velma.org

"I have need of the sky. I have business with the grasses. I will up and away at the break of day to where the hawk is wheeling lone and high and where the clouds drift by."   - Richard Hovey, 1894-1961

Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy New Year!

All the festivities are done, and I just made my favorite (healthy) cookies. Both of these things make me happy.

The last week:
- Christmas Eve with the Gentzsch clan, totaling 25. It was a good night, pretty mellow and easy.
- Christmas Day dinner with friends of the family, totaling 13. Good food, easy again.
- Day after Christmas dinner with the immediate step-family and spouses, totaling 11. Stressful, nearing disaster proportions. I was not pleasant.
- New Year's Eve dinner with Dad, Terri, friends of their's and friends of mine. Awesome! So much laughter.
- New Year's Eve party with people from high school. Good.
- New Year's Day gathering with Terri's family, totaling somewhere around 50... with at least 15 under the age of 8. This was good. It was large enough that I could find one or two people to talk to at any one time.

It's been nice to see family and friends, but I remember why I don't usually come home for Christmas - it's exhausting!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you very much, Velma! I have been wanting to make these and have lost this cookbook.
Happy New Year.
Susanna

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i also had lost this recipe - for about 20 years - and am so thrilled you reprinted it. these are the best. thanks!
grateful in alaska.

10:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my husband has been wanting to make these cookies since he made them a few years ago from the recipe from the small planet book that was in our small library. he loves them but we moved to a different small town and can no longer find our way to that library. thank you. also, he recalls the recipe noted that the eater of the cookies must appreciate the natural sweetness of grain.

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home