velma.org

"I have need of the sky. I have business with the grasses. I will up and away at the break of day to where the hawk is wheeling lone and high and where the clouds drift by."   - Richard Hovey, 1894-1961

Thursday, January 20, 2005

Quote of the Day

"Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber." - Plato


An appropriate quote for this inaugural day. Plato sums up nicely my motivation for thinking more about politics and challenging others to do so with me. I recently read "Don't think of an Elephant" by George Lakoff. I was so inspired by it that I want to start a monthly salon to discuss politics and what we can do to positively affect our country, but through the frame that Lakoff puts forward.

This is one of the quotes featured in a temporary public art installation in Union Square. I hope to get over to see it in the next week or two.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home