velma.org

"I have need of the sky. I have business with the grasses. I will up and away at the break of day to where the hawk is wheeling lone and high and where the clouds drift by."   - Richard Hovey, 1894-1961

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Today's Headline

It was a dark day for Darwin when Dover, Pa., became the first school district in the country to mandate the teaching of "intelligent design," which challenges the theory that man descended from apes. School board members Carol and Jeff Brown (above) resigned in opposition to the curriculum change.


As frustrating as that must be for Carol and Jeff, their resignation angers me as much as Americans whose answer to the current administration is moving to Canada. In my opinion, that's giving up and giving in. Who's going to stand up for our progressive values and fight for freedoms if we all go away?

Here's the rest of the article.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home