velma.org

"I have need of the sky. I have business with the grasses. I will up and away at the break of day to where the hawk is wheeling lone and high and where the clouds drift by."   - Richard Hovey, 1894-1961

Monday, October 25, 2004

Movies to see

So, I've seen maybe three movies in the last year-one in the theatre and two rentals. I enjoy movies. I know I've missed a lot of them. So I'm starting a list. Help me out here. Whenever you think of a good movie for me to see, let me know!

so far...

Big Fish - Tim Burton!
Along Came Polly - has a cute ferret
School of Rock
Pieces of April
Supersize Me
Bowling for Columbine
Office Space
The Station Agent
Frida
Roger Dodger
Real Women Have Curves
Some Like it Hot
Shrek
Raising Helen
Under the Tuscan Sun
Maid in Manhattan
Mona Lisa Smile
Whale Rider
Y Tu Mama Tambien
Sex and Lucia
But I'm a Cheerleader
All About Eve
Annie Hall
ET
The Graduate
Dr. Strangelove
The Odd Couple
His Girl Friday
There's Something About Mary
Last Tango in Paris
The Hours
Thelma and Louise
Topsy Turvy
Last Days of Disco
Eve's Bayou
Welcome to the Dollhouse
House of Yes
That thing you do!
Swing Time
Bride of Frankenstein

That should keep me busy for a few decades...

5 Comments:

Blogger espd said...

Blue, White, and Red (that's three movies), which I will gladly show you on DVD starting anytime soon. How's about a date, cute girl?

5:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fahrenheit 9/11
Primary Colors

-jess

5:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

from jesser...

In the Mood For Love(Chinese film)
Veronica Guerin
The Fog of War(documentary)
Before Sunset and Before Sunrise(see this first)
Garden State
The Company(about dancing)
Cold Mountain

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some old, some new:

Adaptation
After Hours
Alphaville
Amelie
American Splendor
Amores Perros
Baraka
Barfly
Being John Malkovich
Being There
Bicycle Thief
Blade Runner
Blood Simple
Buena Vista Social Club
Buffalo 66
Chinatown
City of Lost Children
Conversation, The
Cyclo
Dancer in the Dark
Down By Law
Dream With the Fishes
Drugstore Cowboy
Eat Drink Man Woman
Existenz
Fargo
Fight Club
Five Easy Pieces
Ghost Dog
Ghost World
Ice Storm
Koyaanisqatsi
Le Cercle Rouge
Life is Beautiful
Lone Star
Lost Weekend
Madadayo
Magnolia
Man Who Wasn't There
Man Without a Past
Mean Streets
Memento
Monsoon Wedding
My Dinner With Andre
Nights of Cabiria
Requiem for a Dream
Rififi
Run Lola Run
Safe
Salvador
Spirited Away
Stranger Than Paradise
Swingers
Taking of Pelham One Two Three
Taxi Driver
Tokyo Story
Triplets of Belleville
Waking Life
Wings of Desire
Yi Yi
Zentropa
plus Avengers 1965/66, episodes with Diana Rigg (British TV show, on DVD, you will LOVE the outfits they wear)

I watch a ton of movies (no TV), so I have many more recommendations. From your list, I liked:

Supersize Me
Bowling for Columbine
Office Space
Y Tu Mama Tambien
Annie Hall
The Graduate
Themla and Louise
Topsy Turvy
Welcome to the Dollhouse

Jen E.

12:05 PM  
Blogger velma said...

Awesome! Of those I've only seen about five, and the list definitely includes some that I forgot that I wanted to see.
Thank you, Jen!

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home