velma.org

"I have need of the sky. I have business with the grasses. I will up and away at the break of day to where the hawk is wheeling lone and high and where the clouds drift by."   - Richard Hovey, 1894-1961

Saturday, February 07, 2009

25 things from facebook

1. I just read 25 things about 7 other people and found them interesting, so I'm writing some about me.

2. I think too much about what I want to say.

3. I have a blog that I've neglected for several months now. Maybe I'll copy Andi and post this there. It's velma.org if you haven't ever seen it.

4. I have three other domains. That's what happens when you move to Silicon Valley and date techies. The other domains are: gentzsch.net, madebyvelma.com, and markandvelma.net.

5. I quilt. I love working with fabric.

6. I garden. I don't think I'll ever be able to live in a place without dirt again.

7. I enjoy reading romance novels. I feel really guilty about this. Shouldn't I be doing something more productive with my time and brain cells?

8. I also enjoy chick flicks. I suppose even I need to give my brain a break every now and then.

9. I'm a burner. I'm going this year. I'm very excited.

10. I have four tattoos. One of them is my wedding ring.

11. I love where I work and what I do.

12. I have a big, white cat named Orson. He's an indoor/outdoor cat and is responsible for us knowing our neighbors. There are at least three other houses that he naps in on a regular basis.

13. We visited a farm last weekend. While someday I would love to live on a farm, I was pleasantly surprised that I didn't feel the need to move to one RIGHT NOW. Maybe it helped that they sent us home with a dozen fresh eggs.

14. I'm naturally an impatient, perfectionistic person. This doesn't serve me well, so I cultivate patience and gratitude. Sometimes I forget.

15. I'm also a recovering control freak.

16. My favorite place to hang out is my home.

17. We have four bookcases that are five feet wide by ten feet high. They're full.

18. I've successfully started two sourdough starters. I let them both die, though, because I don't really like bread.

19. I ate some salt-n-pepper ice cream today. It was good.

20. I miss seasons, especially fall.

21. I also miss swing dancing, but it starts past my bedtime.

22. Coming up with 25 things is a lot harder than I it would be.

23. After many years of practice, I've learned to appreciate the fine art of sleeping in and cat napping.

24. I'm not supposed to eat sugar, but I had a fancy candied orange donut today anyway. The same donut shop make maple bacon donuts. They're yummy, too.

25. It's time to make dinner now.

2 Comments:

Blogger mamakohl said...

I like to read mysteries, erotica, young adult fiction, and chick lit. I also used to find this shameful, but realize reading something I don't enjoy misses the whole point of reading for pleasure which.

11:25 AM  
Blogger mamakohl said...

Um, which is what reading is all about! (got cut off there!)

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home